Be A (Bigger) Hero To Your Family
- Protect your spouse and minor children. Make sure they have enough money to not struggle
- Ensure that your children are raised by the people you choose, not who the government chooses
- Make sure your assets are protected for your heirs, not for the government
- Keep your affairs private
- Pass your values on to your heirs
- Avoid Probate
- Avoid Estate Taxes
Estate planning is not just for the rich. Protecting your property and making sure that your assets are distributed based on what's best for your family is critical for just about everyone.
Know with certainty that the money and property you worked so hard for, will stay in your family.
I provide affordable, solid family protection by partnering with you to design wills and trusts to protect your family - in Ventura County, Santa Barbara County, Los Angeles County and Kern County. I provide concrete, practical and cost-effective estate planning advice so you can protect your loved ones and manage your legacy.
You Worked Hard For Your Assets. I'm Here to Help You Protect Them - AND Your Family
Contact me today by calling my office at (805) 244-5291 or click the “book a consultation” box below to schedule a time.
Rock-Solid Estate Planning for Ventura County, Santa Barbara & Kern Counties
Estate planning is proactive. Detailed and thorough planning protects your assets, limits exposure to estate taxes, helps your heirs and beneficiaries avoid probate, and can help ensure that your wishes are carried out.
I begin with an analysis of your existing income, assets, insurance, wants, and needs. I then consider a wide range of estate planning tools beginning with wills, living wills, durable powers of attorney, and simple revocable or irrevocable trusts.
As I develop a better understanding of your existing situation and your goals, I may recommend:
- Specialized trusts, including special needs trusts, charitable remainder trusts, and living trusts
- Limited partnerships or family limited partnerships, which result in a division of interests that reduces the value of the estate for tax purposes. These can be used effectively to transfer ownership of vineyards, orchards, agricultural property, and small businesses to the next generation.
- Limited Liability companies (LLCs), which can reduce transfer costs and limit gift taxation when certain assets are likely to be transferred to a giftee on a regular basis
- Annual gifting programs, when carefully planned in advance, can minimize the value of your estate that may be subject to tax
Domestic Partnerships/Non-Traditional Couples (LGBT Estate Planning)
I am pleased to be able to assist LGBT couples with the formation of domestic partnerships, community property issues, and other legal strategies to protect their relationships.
In particular, I recommend that every LGBT couple have, at a minimum, a durable medical power of attorney and HIPAA waivers in place. The last thing you want is to have any doubt about whether your partner has the right to make medical decisions on your behalf should you be unable to do so. Having an appropriate medical power of attorney reduces that anxiety.